16 Oct Tuna with a Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce
Recipe By: Stacey originally posted at LittleFiggy
Make this quick and tasty cold pasta dish, Tuna with a Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce, served over your favorite Pasta.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, optional to drizzle over pasta just before serving
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Lemon, juice & zest
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated or shaved and used for garnish
- 1 lb dried Pasta, use your favorite & prepare according to directions & allow to cool
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 can (5 oz) Wild Selections Solid White Albacore, in Olive Oil®, drained and using a fork, separate until “flaked”
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
Prepare your chosen Pasta according to directions, drain, drizzle a bit of Olive Oil over pasta to keep from sticking at this point and allow to cool.
While waiting on the pasta, get started on the sauce.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the Butter and Olive Oil together, season with the Garlic Powder (or saute fresh minced garlic if using instead), Salt & Pepper and allow to heat for about 30 seconds (keep watch so it doesn’t scorch).
Slowly add in the Whipping Cream and stir or whisk until well combined.
Add in the zest and juice of 1 Lemon and allow the sauce to come to a gentle boil, cooking for 3 – 5 minutes.
Just at the end of cooking, sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and give it a good stir and allow to melt, stirring until combined. Set aside.
Once the sauce and pasta have cooled down a bit, it’s time to pull it all together.
In a bowl (or that pasta pot), combine the Lemon Pepper Sauce with the Pasta, the flaked up Albacore Tuna, Capers and chopped Italian Parsley. Toss it gently together, season to taste and serve topped off with a drizzle of Olive Oil (if desired), more grated or shaved Parmesan and chopped Parsley if desired.