15 Sep Tuna Stuffed Avocados
Recipe By: Carissa originally posted at CreativeGreenLiving
These tuna stuffed avocados are a healthy, protein-packed recipe for lunch or dinner. The avocado really brings out the best tastes from the tuna salad. Enjoy!
- 1 can Wild Selections® solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice, divided
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 5 shakes hot sauce like Tabasco
- 1 dash cumin (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
To make the tuna salad, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, 1 tsp lime juice, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro and hot sauce in a medium sized bowl. Add a dash each of cumin, salt and pepper. Taste and add more spices and hot sauce as desired.
Cut avocado in half and discard the pit. Brush inside of avocado flesh with lime juice. Sprinkle with a dash of salt.
Stuff avocado halves with tuna salad and serve.