25 Sep Wild Tuscan Albacore Tuna Salad Sandwich
Recipe by The Southern Trunk
- 2 cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore in Olive Oil drained
- 1/2 cup mayo (the kind with olive oil)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- zest + juice of 2 lemons
- sat & pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes crushed
Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice + zest and olive oil in food processor or blender until smooth and mixed evenly. Then add basil, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and continue blending until combined.
In a separate bowl mix drained tuna with chopped sun dried tomatoes (add a little fresh olive oil if dry)
Toast ciabatta bread and slice in half.
Spread mayo mixture on both sides of the bread and then add a layer of tuna mixture on the bottom half of the bread. Layer the rest of the ingredients: avocado, cucumbers, sliced hard boiled eggs and arugula. Then crumble feta and additional salt and pepper.
Smash the top of the bread down firmly and then EAT:)