18 Jun Spicy Southwest Tuna Cakes
Spice it up for summer by noshing on these Southwest Tuna Cakes with Chipotle Sauce. With the light heat from Chipotle peppers and the wholesome chew of Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water, this tuna cakes recipe is sure to please any crowd.
Recipe by: Kim’s Cravings
- 2 cans Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce from can, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water, as needed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper from jar, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn, frozen is acceptable
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 chipotle pepper with adobe sauce from can
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast for a slightly cheesy flavor, use parmesan as alternative
- 2 tablespoons bragg liquid aminos, use Tamari or Soy Sauce as alternative
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water, as needed to smooth sauce out
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Whisk eggs and lime juice together in a medium sized bowl. Mix in seasonings, adobo sauce, crushed tortilla chips, chipotle pepper, corn, red pepper, black beans, tuna, and cilantro. Form into six patties with hand.
Drizzle olive oil into large skillet and heat over medium-high. Grill patties until golden brown, this should take 3-4 minutes each side.
Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend at the high setting for a minute or two.
Keep cool in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.