21 Mar Tasty Sun Dried Tomato Sardine Club Sandwich
Replace the poultry in your club sandwich with sardines for a flavor combination that packs a punch. Use Wild Selections® Sardines in this wholesome sardine sandwich recipe that’ll leave you wanting more.
- 2 packages Wild Selections® Lightly Smoked Sardine Fillets in Olive Oil
- 14 slices sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, substitute fresh tomato slices drizzled with olive oil
- 12 slices toasted sourdough bread
- 8 strips cooked turkey bacon
- 1 tsp sea salt and cracked back pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise, olive oil based optional
- 2 leaves red lettuce, wash and pat dry
- 6 shakes Tabasco Sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
Prep your ingredients by finely chopping the sun-dried tomatoes and Italian parsley. Wash and dry the red lettuce. Drain the sardine fillets. Toast the sourdough to prepare for making this sardine sandwich recipe.
Combine the mayonnaise, Tabasco Sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley into a consistent paste in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Prepare sandwich station by placing 8 slices of toasted bread down. Spread an even amount of tomato mayonnaise mixture onto each slice, using it all up. Save 4 slices out of 12 without spread and set aside for later use.
Place 2 slices of cooked turkey bacon on each of the 4 sides of bread that has mayonnaise spread on it. Place red lettuce on top of the bacon before topping the sandwich with a slice of bread that does not have spread.
Layer a sardine fillet on top of each sourdough slice without spread before seasoning with more pepper. Top with more red lettuce. Finish with a slice of sourdough that has spread to complete the club sandwich.