18 Apr Chipotle Rice And Tuna Fish Cakes With Aioli
Impress your guests at the next dinner party with this fun appetizer: Savory Tuna Fish Cakes With Chipotle Aioli. Featuring Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water, this tuna fish cakes recipe is a wonderful blend of crunchy textures and delightful flavors.
Recipe by: Girl And The Kitchen
- 1 can Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 serrano pepper, diced finely (omit if you don’t prefer spicy)
- 1 egg
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 2 cups coconut or vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced finely
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise, alternately use vegan mayo if desired
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
Combine Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water with rice, Serrano pepper, red pepper, green onion, cilantro, sour cream, egg, lime zest, salt, pepper, and ½ cup of Panko bread crumbs in a bowl.
On a plate or shallow container, season 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Use your hands to form individual patties with the combined first mixture. Gently dip patties into seasoned breadcrumbs so they don’t fall apart.
Place each patty onto the sheet pan until mixture is gone. Freeze patties for 45 minutes.
Cover a platter with two layers of paper towels and heat a pan of oil over high heat. You want enough oil so that it covers the fish cakes halfway.
Test the oil by dropping a few breadcrumbs into it. If it starts bubbling, we are ready to start pan-frying. Fry the patty on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on the outside but tender on the inside.
After frying, place onto the platter lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Serve warm with the chipotle mayo.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
Use water to help with the process of smoothing out the aioli.