21 Feb Caribbean Albacore Tuna Salad
Being so versatile and easy-to-make, tuna salad is one of our favorite recipes to enjoy at any time of the day. Savor this Caribbean Albacore Tuna Salad in an avocado cup, lettuce wrap, or all by itself.
- 2 5 oz cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water drained
- 2 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 scallions diced
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup of diced celery
- ½ mango diced
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- 4½ avocados
- 1 habanero pepper chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce diced
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of Jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Lemon or lime juice to taste
In a mixing bowl thoroughly combine the plain Greek yogurt and chipotle pepper. Then mix in 1/2 of one avocado and all other ingredients beside the 4 lettuce leaves and remaining 4 avocados.
To serve in avocado cups, halve the four avocados and remove the pit. Top the halves with the tuna salad and serve immediately.
To serve in lettuce wraps, wash the lettuce leaves and dry. Place the tuna salad inside the leaf and roll. Enjoy immediately or store in fridge.