18 Nov Avocado Tuna Macaroni Salad
Recipe by: In The Know Mom
Hearty and creamy without being too heavy, try this Avocado Tuna Macaroni Salad that uses young asparagus and Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water. Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, this light and crisp tuna macaroni salad recipe is the perfect complement at any dinner party. Make it dairy free by swapping out mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or vegan mayo.
- 3 cans Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water, drained
- 1 box elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and cooled
- 2 heads butter lettuce, separate leaves into cups
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 avocados, dice 2 and slice 1
- 1 pound young asparagus, chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup capers, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, use Greek yogurt as alternative
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
Combine celery, asparagus capers, thyme, and spring onions in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze in lemon juice and mix well. Fold mixture into bowl of cooked elbow macaroni.
Add in diced avocado, Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water, and mayonnaise. Gently mix so the tuna remain in chunks.
Taste and season to liking. Salt will be from capers, moisture will be from mayonnaise, adjust accordingly to balance with thyme and lemon.
Serve over butter lettuce as a salad or lettuce cups. Enjoy!