29 Aug All-American Tuna Melt Sandwich
In this All-American Tuna Melt Sandwich, a savory tuna salad made with Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in water is layered atop gooey, melty cheddar cheese and sandwiched together on your favorite bread. One bite of this cheesy creation will leave you craving more.
- 2 cans (5 oz.) Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pickles
- 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of your favorite bread hamburger bun or English muffin
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese may substitute for mozzarella, provolone, or Havarti
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup salad greens or arugula
In a large bowl, stir Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna, mayo, celery, pickles, eggs, lemon juice and parsley until evenly mixed. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
On a sheet pan, take two slices of bread and place one slice of cheese on each. Spread 1/2 cup of tuna on top of cheese slice. Place remaining two bread slices on sheet pan and top with one cheese slice each. Repeat process if making more sandwiches.
Bake in preheated oven for about nine minutes or until cheese bubbles and melts. Remove from oven and allow to cool for one minute.
Take bread slice with tuna mixture and carefully begin to build your sandwich, layering the sliced tomato, sliced cucumber and sliced avocado on top of each other. Place bread slice with melted cheese to top and finish sandwich assembly. Enjoy your gooey creation!