19 Apr Albacore Tuna Taco Bar Recipe
Recipe by: Sunny Sweet Days
Taco bars are a great food option for birthday parties, family get-togethers, potlucks, or just about any gathering you could imagine. Everyone can get creative with toppings add what they want- all you need is a tasty protein base. This Albacore Tuna Taco Bar recipe features MSC-certified Wild Selections Solid White Albacore with a crunchy cabbage slaw and is sure to please any crowd.
- 2 5 oz cans of Wild Selections Solid White Albacore in water drained,
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded moneterrey jack cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded carrots
- ½ a large lime
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Choose whether to serve your seafood tacos cold or heated up. If heated, place a frying pan over medium heat and sauté albacore, paprika, and salt and pepper. If cold mix together the albacore, paprika, and salt and pepper in small bowl.
Mix carrots, shredded cabbage, oil, vinegar, garlic and hot sauce. Squeeze lime over and mix.
Warm your tortillas (optional), and place the tuna mixture and slaw on top.
Sprinkle cheese on top. Serve with chips and salsa for the ultimate taco Tuesday!